The Board of Crescent Star Insurance Limited has adopted a Code of Conduct (COC). The 'COC' defines acceptable and unacceptable behaviors. It shall be disseminated throughout the Company.
The Company hereby requires directors and all its staff both executive staff and subordinate employees, the observance of the high conduct standards in the conduct of its business activities. All employees must well understand and meet the standards of professional and personal integrity expected of them to protect and safeguard the reputation of the Company. Contravention of "COC" will be regarded as misconduct.
The following specific guidelines are prescribed for the Company's staff:
- Staff has a prime responsibility to the Company and is expected to avoid any activity that could interfere with that responsibility.
- Staff should not engage in activities or transactions which may give rise to, or which may be seen to be giving rise to, conflict between their personal interests and the interests of the Company.
- The Company purchases equipment, material and services for various aspect of its operations. The staff members are forbidden from holding any personal financial interest, directly or indirectly, in any deal of supplying goods or services to the Company.
- Staff should not keep or make copies of correspondence, documents, papers and records, list of clients or customers without the consent of the Company and all such information should be surrendered to the Company when the individual leaves the Company's employment. Company information and records should be kept on Company premises only and unpublished information may be disclosed to external organizations/individuals only on "need to know" basis. In case of doubt in this regard, the Management's advice should be sought.
- No funds or assets of the Company should be contributed directly or indirectly, to any political party or organization or to any individual who either holds public office or is a candidate for public office.
- Staff should neither give nor receive payments that are intended to influence a business decision or to compromise independent judgment nor should any staff member receive money for having given Company business to an outside agency.
- All funds, assets, receipts and disbursements should be properly recorded in the books of the Company.
- Funds and assets received or disbursed should be fully and accurately reflected in the books and the records of the Company. No false or fictitious entries should be made or misleading reports pertaining to the Company or its operations should be issued.
- Staff to exercise good judgment so as to act in a manner that will reflect favorably on the Company and the individual.
- In a personal capacity also, due care should be taken by staff while discussing the Company's performance or plans with outsiders. In case of doubt, advice of the Management should be sought.
- All employees work towards achievement of corporate objectives, individually and collectively as a team and conduct themselves at work and in society as respectable employees and responsible citizens.
- All employees and management personnel strictly adhere to the Company rules and regulations and observe the best codes of conduct and abide by all laws of Pakistan.
- Staff should take reasonable care to ensure the health and safety of him/her and others who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work.
- Staff should not tamper with or misuse any item provided by the Company to secure the safety, health and welfare of its staff and for the protection of the environment.
- The use of alcohol in any form is prohibited on all Company locations/premises. Similarly, the use of drugs, except under medical advice, is prohibited on all Company locations/premises. Any staff member arriving at a work place under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to enter the premises and will be liable to disciplinary action.
- All forms of gambling/betting on the Company's premises are forbidden.
- No staff member shall seek, accept or permit him/her to accept any gift or favor, the receipt of which will place him/her under any form of official obligation to the donor. As part of building relationship with customers, suppliers, etc. staff members may receive occasional gifts, provided that the gift is of nominal value (e.g. pens, notepads, calendars, diaries, key chains or such promotional material) and the gift is neither intended nor perceived by others to be intended to improperly influence business decisions.
- Staff will maintain an environment that is free from harassment and in which all employees are equally respected. Workplace harassment is defined as any action that creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. Such actions include, but are not limited to, sexual harassment, disparaging comments based on gender, race or religion.
- Responsibility of staff towards Customer.
A customer, whether coming to us directly or through some agent, is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us - we are dependent on him. He is not an outsider in our business - he is a part of it. We are not doing him favor by serving him, he is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.
If we don't take care of our customers, somebody else will.
The above list is, however not exhaustive and any modification thereto will be notified accordingly. In case of doubt, the advice of the Management should be sought.